Maintenance. We are currently updating the site. Please check back shortly
Members login
  • TrustLaw
  • Members Portal
Subscribe Donate

Turkish graft case indictment completed - prosecutor

Source: Reuters - Fri, 14 Mar 2014 08:40 GMT
Author: Reuters
cor-gov
Tweet Recommend Google + LinkedIn Email Print
Leave us a comment

ISTANBUL, March 14 (Reuters) - A Turkish prosecutor has completed an indictment regarding graft allegations which became public with police raids in December in which three cabinet ministers' sons were detained, a deputy chief prosecutor in Istanbul told Reuters on Friday.

Hasan Sozen said the indictment would be sent to the relevant court once it had been formally approved.

The ministers' sons and businessmen close to Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan were detained in the raids on Dec. 17. The three ministers resigned after the raids. They have denied any wrongdoing.

Erdogan says the corruption inquiry has been orchestrated by political enemies in a bid to undermine him ahead of local elections this month and presidential polls in the summer. (Reporting by Can Sezer; Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Nick Tattersall and Gareth Jones)

We welcome comments that advance the story through relevant opinion, anecdotes, links and data. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of the Thomson Reuters Foundation. For more information see our Acceptable Use Policy.

comments powered by Disqus
Most Popular
TOPICAL CONTENT
Topical content
LATEST SLIDESHOW

Latest slideshow

See allSee all
FEATURED JOBS
Featured jobs