Maintenance. We are currently updating the site. Please check back shortly
Members login
  • TrustLaw
  • Members Portal
Subscribe Donate

Australian authorities say Malaysia plane search shifts north

Source: Reuters - Fri, 28 Mar 2014 03:59 GMT
Author: Reuters
Tweet Recommend Google + LinkedIn Email Print
Leave us a comment

SYDNEY, March 28 (Reuters) - Australian authorities said on Friday that they have abandoned the previous search area in the southern Indian Ocean for wreckage of Malaysia Airlines <MASM.KL Flight> MH370, in favour of a new site more than 1,000 km north.

"We have moved on from those search areas to the newest credible lead," John Young, general manager of the emergency response division of AMSA, told reporters in Canberra.

Young said the revised data, which was based on the jet travelling at a faster but constant speed than previously thought, could be revised still further as analysis continued.

(Reporting By Jane Wardell; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)

We welcome comments that advance the story through relevant opinion, anecdotes, links and data. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of the Thomson Reuters Foundation. For more information see our Acceptable Use Policy.

comments powered by Disqus
Most Popular
LATEST SLIDESHOW

Latest slideshow

See allSee all
FEATURED JOBS
Featured jobs