Maintenance. We are currently updating the site. Please check back shortly
Close

Nigeria local authorities say most of abducted schoolgirls still missing

By Reuters | Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:30 AM
hum-peo hum-war

MAIDUGURI, Nigeria, April 17 (Reuters) - Authorities in Nigeria's northeast Borno state denied on Thursday a statement by the armed forces which had said most of the more than 100 schoolgirls abducted by Islamist rebels had been freed in a military rescue operation.

"As I am talking to you now, only 14 of the students have returned," an aide to Borno State Governor Kashim Shettima told Reuters, asking not ...

Read full content
Topical content
Tweet Like Google+ email