Thomson Reuters Foundation

Inform - Connect - Empower

Saudi prince's convoy robbed of 250,000 euros in Paris

Source: Reuters - Mon, 18 Aug 2014 07:14 GMT
Author: Reuters
hum-nat
Tweet Recommend Google + LinkedIn Email Print
Leave us a comment

PARIS, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Armed robbers attacked a Saudi Arabian prince's convoy in Paris on Sunday night, police said on Monday, taking what the victims told police was around 250,000 euros ($335,000) in cash and some sensitive documents.

The convoy had been heading for Le Bourget airport north of the city. Witnesses told police a group of heavily armed men attacked the last car in the convoy near Porte de la Chapelle at around 2100 (1900 GMT) and drove off in it.

No shots were fired and nobody was hurt, a police source told Reuters, adding that the robbers were still at large and an investigation was under way.

Rocco Contento, a representative of police union SGP, told BFMTV the attackers appeared to be "people who knew the itinerary" of the cars.

(1 US dollar = 0.7467 euro) (Reporting by Gregory Blachier; Writing by Andrew Callus; Editing by Leila Abboud)

We welcome comments that advance the story through relevant opinion, anecdotes, links and data. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of the Thomson Reuters Foundation. For more information see our Acceptable Use Policy.

comments powered by Disqus