Thomson Reuters Foundation

Inform - Connect - Empower

Fifteen bodies retrieved from site of Ukraine refugee convoy attack - military

Source: Reuters - Tue, 19 Aug 2014 07:03 GMT
Author: Reuters
hum-war hum-ref
Tweet Recommend Google + LinkedIn Email Print
Leave us a comment

KIEV, Aug 19 (Reuters) - Fifteen bodies have so far been recovered from the site of Monday's rocket strike on a refugee convoy of buses and cars in eastern Ukraine, a military spokesman said on Tuesday.

"By 7 p.m. last night we retrieved 15 bodies ... The search continued into the night and is continuing today," the spokesman, Andriy Lysenko, told Reuters.

Ukrainian government forces blame the attack on pro-Russian separatists whom they are battling in the area. The rebels have denied responsibility.

(Reporting by Natalia Zinets; Writing By Richard Balmforth; Editing by Christian Lowe)

We welcome comments that advance the story through relevant opinion, anecdotes, links and data. If you see a comment that you believe is irrelevant or inappropriate, you can flag it to our editors by using the report abuse links. Views expressed in the comments do not represent those of the Thomson Reuters Foundation. For more information see our Acceptable Use Policy.

comments powered by Disqus