Morris Marah is project manager at Africa Gathering, a network of people focused on encouraging sustainable development using technology and social networking.
The Sanitation hackathon is a global project where developers are working on solutions to challenges facing the sanitation sector using mobile technology over a 48-hour period. Globally, 2.5 billion people do not have adequate sanitation facilities.
Join the AlertNet Sanitation Hackathon live blog
- AUDIO: Hackathon seeks solutions to global sanitation problems
- AUDIO: Sani-Dashboard app would monitor toilet-related data
- AUDIO: Sanitation Hackathon mirrors Hub Westminster ethos
- AUDIO: Hackathon tackles big challenges facing sanitation sector
- Community project frees 24 million from open defecation - UNICEF
- EU could do better on sub-Saharan Africa water, sanitation projects - audit
- London sanitation exhibit aims to make "poo" a hot topic
- Next UN development goals must tackle open defecation -expert
- Policymakers agree ambitious global water monitoring initiative-expert