The TrustMedia team are looking for a Programme Manager with strong financial skills or a Part-Qualified/Qualified Accountant looking to move into a Programme Manager role for the TrustMedia team of Thomson Reuters Foundation (TRF).
TRF was created in 1982 to support journalists from developing countries. The Foundation today embraces a wide range of educational, humanitarian and environmental causes and projects including online news and communications services for the international disaster relief community, aid agency support, and educational and community projects.
TrustMedia is the journalism training and media development arm of Thomson Reuters Foundation. TRF has been providing training for journalists around the world since 1982, to date reaching more than 8,000 participants from around 170 countries. TRF continues to introduce specialist workshops to help journalists develop their understanding of complex contexts and to give them additional skills and confidence in imparting information and insights to their readers and viewers.
TrustMedia responds to fresh issues and changing situations to implement media development projects in the regions where they are most needed. Projects have included setting up elections news services in Iraq and Egypt and setting up a financial news service in Zimbabwe. All projects include elements of journalism training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help the team identify new programmes and business development opportunities and assist in the financial (and any narrative) components as needed.
- Manage new journalism training, media training and infrastructure programmes which may include travel.
- Preparing budgets for TrustMedia projects and assisting other team members in preparing budgets.
- Management responsibilities within the team and assisting the Programme Co-ordinators in the delivery of programmes.
- Delegate for the Programme Director whenever necessary.
- Managing the financial responsibilities of TrustMedia’s Grants, including preparing for Grant Audits and ensuring that all obligations as per the Grant Contracts are met.
- Ensure that the TrustMedia budget is managed throughout the year, with the assistance of the Financial Director.
- Prepare a forecast for TrustMedia’s revenue and profit and regularly update the Financial Director and TrustMedia Programme Director.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Financial/accountancy background. Part-qualified/qualified accountant preferred.
- Extremely organised and strong attention to detail
- Plans, organises and prioritises workload and demands
- Demonstrates drive and enthusiasm and is able to work on their own initiative
DEADLINE: 20 July 2012.
Please contact Carolyn McCall on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter if you are interested to apply for the position.