April 16 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq as of 1400 GMT on Saturday.
* Denotes new or updated item
* BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb exploded near the convoy of Mohammed Abid, an official with Iraq's Higher Education Ministry, in the Karrada district of central Baghdad, an Interior Ministry source said. He escaped unharmed but the blast wounded two passers-by.
* BAGHDAD - Gunmen using silenced weapons opened fire at a police checkpoint and wounded one policeman in the Kadhimiya district of northern Baghdad, an Interior Ministry source said.
* BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb struck an Iraqi army patrol, wounding two people, including a soldier, in the Washash district of western Baghdad, an Interior Ministry source said.
* KIRKUK - A bomb attached to a car killed the driver in central Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* KIRKUK - Police found the bullet-riddled body of a local Sunni militia leader who was kidnapped five days ago in Hawija , 70 km (43 miles) southwest of Kirkuk, police said.
KHALDIYA - A sticky bomb attached to the car of a police lieutenant-colonel cut off part of his legs when it exploded in the town of Khaldiya, 83 km (50 miles) west of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen opened fire at a police patrol and killed one policeman in the southern Baghdad district of Ilaam, an Interior Ministry source said.
(Compiled by Baghdad newsroom)