July 15 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq as of 2020 GMT on Friday.
* Denotes a new or updated item.
* KERBALA - A car bomb went off in a garage near a hospital, killing five and wounding 15 others in west of Karbala, 80 km (50 miles) south west of Baghdad, a senior security official in Kerbala said.
* SAMARRA - A roadside bomb targeting an Iraqi army patrol wounded a soldier in northern Samarra, 100 km (62 miles) north of Baghdad, an army source said.
* BAGHDAD - A U.S. service member was killed in southern Iraq, the U.S. military said in a statement.
* BAGHDAD - A sticky bomb attached to a car of an off-duty policeman wounded him in Baghdad's southeastern Zaafaraniya district, police said.
KERBALA - A bomb placed under a parked car killed two people and wounded four others, in northern Kerbala, Major-General Othman al-Ghanimi, chief commander of the Iraqi army in Kerbala said. A hospital source in Kerbala said three people were killed and 23 wounded.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb killed a man and wounded three others when it exploded in Doura district, southern Baghdad, an Interior Ministry source said.
MOSUL - A sticky bomb attached to an Iraqi soldier's car wounded him and another passenger in central Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
(Compiled by Baghdad newsroom)