June 22 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq as of 2000 GMT on Wednesday.
* Indicates a new or updated item.
* BAQUBA - A sticky bomb attached to a car exploded, killing a former member of Saddam Hussein's outlawed Baath party, in Baquba, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Baghdad, police said.
* DIWANIYA - Five civilians were hurt when a Katyusha rocket landed in the centre of the city of Diwaniya, 150 km (95 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
* KIRKUK - Two al Qaeda members were captured during a joint Iraqi-U.S. air raid on a village 45 km (28 miles) southwest of Kirkuk, which is 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, the Kirkuk province security operations centre said.
* KIRKUK - An employee of Iraq's Communications Ministry was kidnapped as he rode a motorcycle in eastern Kirkuk, the Kirkuk province security operations centre said.
* BAGHDAD - A sticky bomb attached to his car killed a retired lieutenant colonel who served in Saddam Hussein's army, in Baghdad's southern Saidiya district, an Interior Ministry source said.
BAQUBA - A gunman on a bicycle, using a silenced weapon, killed the mayor of the Gatoon neighbourhood in Baquba, police said.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen attacked an Iranian oil delegation visiting Iraq for talks, the Iranian oil ministry said. An Iraqi security source said the delegation's convoy was attacked in central Baghdad and two Iraqi guards were wounded.
MOSUL - Police found the bodies of two men with bullet wounds to their heads in a car in western Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - A mortar round fired at the Nineveh province security operations centre missed the target and struck a house, killing one person and wounding another, in southern Mosul, police said.
MOSUL - Gunmen attacked a security checkpoint and killed a policeman in western Mosul, police said.
MOSUL - A roadside bomb targeting a police patrol killed one passer-by and wounded two other people, including a policeman, in central Mosul, police said.
MOSUL - Gunmen threw a hand grenade at a police patrol, wounding four people, including a policeman, in southwestern Mosul, police said.
BAGHDAD - A parked car bomb exploded near a police patrol, killing one passer-by and wounding nine other people, including three policemen, in the Ghazaliya district of western Baghdad, an Interior Ministry source said.
BAGHDAD - Two roadside bombs struck a convoy carrying a local police chief, wounding him and five other policemen, along with two passers-by, in the Amiriya district of western Baghdad, an Interior Ministry source said.
BAGHDAD - Two people were wounded by a roadside bomb in the Karrada district of central Baghdad, an Interior Ministry source said.
BAGHDAD - A bomb targeting a police traffic patrol wounded five people, including two traffic policemen, in the eastern Baghdad district of Zayouna, an Interior Ministry source said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb targeting a police patrol wounded three people, including one policeman, in the southern Jadiriya district of Baghdad, an Interior Ministry source said.
BAGHDAD - A state bank official escaped injury when a bomb attached to his car exploded in Baghdad's northern Waziriya district, an Interior Ministry source said.
(Compiled by Baghdad newsroom)