March 23 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq as of 2100 GMT on Wednesday.
* denotes new or updated item
* RAMADI - Two policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb targeting a police patrol went off in central Ramadi, 100 km (60 miles) west of Baghdad, police said.
* MUSSAYAB - Two policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb targeting a police patrol went off in Mussayab, 60 km (40 miles) south of Baghdad, an Interior Ministry source said.
* BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb killed one civilian and wounded seven others when it exploded in Baghdad's southeastern Zaafaraniya district, an Interior Ministry source said.
* BAGHDAD - An official in the Municipalities Ministry was killed by armed men while he was driving his car in Baghdad's northeastern Sadr City slum, an Interior Ministry source said.
* BAGHDAD - A driver working for the Electricity Ministry was killed when a bomb attached to his vehicle went off in Baghdad's northwestern Hurriya district, an Interior Ministry source said. The source also said two passengers in the car were wounded.
* BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded two civilians when it exploded on a highway in central Baghdad, an Interior Ministry source said.
* KIRKUK - An improvised explosive device (IED) targeting a police brigadier general wounded two civilians when it went off in central Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, Kirkuk police operations room said. The operations room said a second IED targeting the same brigadier general wounded five firemen who were at the scene to extinguish a fire caused by the first explosion.
BAGHDAD - Major General Ahmed Obeidi, head of the 6th Iraqi Army Division, died in a hospital on Tuesday from wounds sustained on Sunday when gunmen shot at his car in Palestine Street, northeastern Baghdad, an Iraqi army source said.
BAGHDAD - A bomb attached to a car killed its driver in western Baghad's Amiriya district, an Interior Ministry source said.
MOSUL - Gunmen wounded two off-duty policemen inside their vehicle in western Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - Gunmen threw a hand grenade at a police patrol and wounded one civilian in central Mosul, police said.
MOSUL - Gunmen in a car killed an off-duty policeman near his house in southwestern Mosul late on Tuesday, police said.
(Compiled by Baghdad newsroom)