May 26 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq as of 2000 GMT on Thursday.
* denotes a new or updated item
* BAGHDAD - Gunmen in a speeding car used silenced weapons to kill a senior member of the Justice and Accountability Committee, Ali al-Lami, while he was driving his car in eastern Baghdad, an interior ministry source said.
* BAGHDAD - Gunmen using silenced weapons killed Interior Ministry Colonel, Khalid Mohammed, in the Ghadir district of eastern Baghdad, according to an interior ministry source.
* BAGHDAD - Gunmen also attacked a police checkpoint and wounded two policemen in central Baghdad, an interior ministry source said.
* SAMARRA - Three policemen were killed and one wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near their vehicle in Samarra, 100 km (60 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - Police said they found the bodies of two men with gunshot wounds in Tal Abta, 40 km (24 miles) west of Mosul.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen opened fire and killed two policemen who were sitting inside their vehicle at Abu Ghraib in Baghdad's western outskirts, police said. The attackers then set the vehicle on fire.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb went off near a minibus and wounded two people in Baghdad's west central Mansour district, an interior ministry source said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb exploded near a police patrol and wounded one policeman in Baghdad's northern Shaab district, an interior ministry source said.
BASRA - Police said the remains of 12 people were found in an area west of Basra, 420 km (260 miles) south of Baghdad. It was believed the remains, discovered by an Iraqi company working in the area, had been there since the 1990-91 Gulf War.
BAGHDAD - A suicide bomber wearing an explosive belt approached a group of Iraqi army personnel and blew himself up, killing three soldiers and wounding seven at Abu Ghraib in Baghdad's western outskirts, an army official said.
GARMA - A roadside bomb went off and killed two police lieutenant colonels on Wednesday in the town of Garma, 30 km (20 miles) northwest of Baghdad, local police said.
(Compiled by Baghdad newsroom)