Aim of the training
To improve the effectiveness of a specialist and non-specialist in emergency response.
Course Objectives and Outline
By the end of the course, participants will able to:
- Explain the philosophy and approach of the Sphere Project
- Appreciate the value and significance of Sphere Project
- Identify the sections in the handbook
- Understand and describe the relationship between Sphere, Humanitarian Charter and Rights Based Approach
- Identify the difference between (Sphere) Minimum Standards, Key Indicators, Key Actions and Guidance Notes
- Describe how to use the Handbook in the realm of humanitarian action
- Know the Common Standards and explain their linkages with technical interventions at all stages of project cycle.
- Learn to apply Sphere in assessments, planning, monitoring and evaluations, of humanitarian response programme
- Use the Standards and indicators (from each technical chapter) for an effective humanitarian Response
- Address the practical difficulties in implementing Sphere
Dates & Venue
27th to 30th August, 2012
This course is open to GO, INGOs, UN, Red Cross, NGOs, development and emergency personnel who have experience of coordinating, implementing humanitarian relief, rehabilitation and development work or are likely to be involved in disaster response initiatives.
- Residential Rate USD 440
- Non-residential Rate: USD 250
How to Apply?
Please fill out the Registration Form and send it to email@example.com. On confirmation of availability of seat please forward your course fees to RedR India. For more details on course fees etc., please refer the Registration Form.
For more information about the training and/or RedR India, please visit: www.redr.org.in
"Samrudhi", Bungalow No.1, A Wing, AJ Classics Condominium, Survey No.2/3A, Hingne, Karve Nagar, Pune 411052, Maharashtra, India
Phone: +91-20-25474430, +91-20-32912532
You can also write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org