Organisation: Thomson Reuters Foundation
Deadline Sun, 2 Mar 2014
Job type: Contract
The Thomson Reuters Foundation leverages the skills, values and expertise of Thomson Reuters to run programmes that trigger change and empower people across the world: free legal assistance, media development, and in-depth coverage of the world’s under-reported stories. The Foundation stands for human rights, women’s empowerment, anti-corruption and for the rule of law.
With over 70 staff members around the world and offices in 10 locations across the Americas, Africa, Asia and Europe, the Foundation has quickly become a point of reference in the corporate philanthropic world.
- Our team of over 25 Foundation journalists cover the world’s under-reported stories, with an emphasis on humanitarian relief, corruption, women’s rights, social innovation and climate change
- Our service TrustLaw Connect has become the main global centre for free legal assistance for the best social entrepreneurs and NGOs. A network of almost 1300 NGOs and social enterprises, over 350 law firms and corporate legal teams and more than 90,000 lawyers make that possible
- We have been training journalists and media professional and improving standards of journalism around the world since 1982. We also build platforms for independent journalism like Aswat Masriya, the Egyptian website that has quickly established itself as an authoritative source of independent news, helping the country in its difficult transition to democracy
- We host the Trust Women conference, an influential international gathering with one clear mission: to put the full force of the law behind women’s rights, and to take Action. Every year we forge new strategic commitments to help women to know and defend their rights
We are now seeking a Marketing Intern to join the Foundation’s Communications team. You will be supporting a very dynamic and international team across all areas, with a particular focus on:
- The promotion of the Trust Women conference, the Foundation’s flagship annual event. Speakers last year included British Home Secretary Theresa May, Italian Foreign Minister Emma Bonino, Cherie Blair, Every Mother Counts Founder Christy Turlington Burns, HM Queen Noor or Salma Hayek Pinault
- The organization of other Foundation’s events around the world
- Key support for our social media strategy
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate for this position would:
- Be an excellent communicator with first-class written communication skills. Fluent English is essential and additional languages are preferred
- Be a highly motivated self-starter, educated to degree level, with an ability to work independently and contribute ideas to the team
- Have some experience or degree in marketing and/or sales
- Have or want to gain experience in the development world, with a personal interest in human rights and international development
- Have experience in social media sales strategy is a plus
This is a paid internship which would start as soon as possible and will last between 3-5 months. It is based in our offices in Canary Wharf, London and the remuneration offered is £18,000 annually. Deadline for applications is 2 March 2013 but we will be reviewing applications and carrying out interviews as applications come in. To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it to email@example.com with subject line “Marketing Intern”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.