UPDATE: Congratulations Jackie Smith, the winner of our Sound of Change contest! Thanks to everyone who entered the competition and helped us raise awareness for women's rights.
ENTER NOW TO WIN A PAIR OF PREMIUM TICKETS TO THE SOLD-OUT CONCERT! Here's how:
1. Tell us how you chime for women's rights on our discussion board - click here or click the "Discuss" tab to the left. Submit your best idea: “I #chime for _____."
On June 1st, Chime for Change is holding a sold-out concert with Beyonce, Ellie Goulding, Jennifer Lopez, Timbaland and several other stellar performers to put girls and women’s issues at the forefront of the world’s stage.
At the Thomson Reuters Foundation, we are dedicated to helping women worldwide know and defend their rights. We're thrilled that our CEO Monique Villa has been selected to be on the Chime for Change advisory board, and now we're offering you and a friend the chance to attend the concert for free!
Don't forget to tweet your response to us @TR_Foundation - We'll retweet the best, most inspiring ones, and your tweets could also appear on the screen at the Sound of Change concert!
The contest closes at midnight BST on Thursday, May 23, 2013. The winner will be announced on Friday, May 24, 2013 mid-day on our website. The winner will also be notified via email.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over only. Employees of Thomson Reuters Foundation and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. To enter the prize draw, entrants must complete and submit this form. Only one entry per person will be accepted for the prize draw.
- The deadline for entries to the prize draw is 11.59pm BST on Thursday 23 May. Entries received after the deadline will not be eligible for the prize. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for (a) any technical or access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of any person to participate in this prize draw or (b) any event which may cause the prize draw to be disrupted or corrupted.
- The winner will be selected at random. The Promoter's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavors to contact the winner using the contact details supplied upon entry to the prize draw. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours of the first notification, then the winner forfeits the right to claim the concert tickets and the Promoter is free to nominate another winner at its sole discretion selected randomly from the applicable pool of entrants for that draw.
- The prize consists of two Tier 1 tickets to the Chime for Change concert on 1 June 2013 at Twickenham Stadium, Whitton Rd, Twickenham, Greater London TW2 7BA only. For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include any travel, hotel, food, or related expenses that may be required to travel to and from Twickenham Stadium or that may arise during the concert. The winner is responsible for any such expenses. No alternative prizes are available. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
- Tickets will be fulfilled once the winner has confirmed acceptance of the prize. The prize of 2 Tier 1 tickets will be sent via Royal Mail to a confirmed postal address approx. 3 days before the date of the concert.
- The winner and their guest may be required to participate in related publicity including their names and photographs being used for promotional purposes and/or reasonable requests to take part in the Promoter’s publicity.
- The Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible for or liable to compensate the winner, or accept any liability for any inability by the winner to use this prize properly or at all. The Promoter does not guarantee the quality and/or availability of the services offered by the prize providers and cannot be held liable for any resulting personal loss or damage. The winner and their guest are subject to the policies and terms and conditions associated with third party providers supplying elements of the prize, including the tickets and venue. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in refused entry, or the ticket holders being required to leave the venue. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- The Promoter shall not be held responsible or held liable in relation to the conduct of the winner or their guest, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the prize once claimed by the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this prize draw at any time without liability.
- Promoter - the Promoter of the prize draw is Thomson Reuters Foundation, 30 South Colonnade, London E14 5EP.
- This prize draw and these terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
By entering this prize draw you: (a) accept these Terms and Conditions; and (b) consent to the use of your personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of administration of the prize draw (including publishing your name if you are the winner) and any other purposes to which you have.