£495 for individuals - £3,000 for groups - Charities up to 30% discount.
Course IntroductionEnsure copy is accurate and readable
What's it about?
This course is designed to ensure that copy produced by your organisation is accurate, readable and achieves the intended purpose. Effective proofreading requires more than just a keen eye and this workshop provides knowledge and insight that should significantly improve the quality of copy that your organisation circulates. The content can be applied immediately to your business.
Who should attend?
Everyone in your organisation has to ensure that copy-errors are avoided, so this course is suitable for people at all levels, including senior management. The training is particularly relevant to people who are responsible for checking copy as part of their day to day role.
- Better ability to improve the overall quality of copy
- Greater awareness of how to remove tautology, clichés and catch inaccuracies
- Active, engaging use of vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
- Tighter more direct writing
The organisation will be able to produce more accurate copy for websites, blogs, brochures, news releases, reports, manuals, etc. The copy produced should also be more active and readable so that it engages with the intended reader and achieves its purpose.
Course Structure Highlights
- Improving the quality of copy
- Recognising and removing tautology
- Avoiding clichés
- Using positives, comparatives and superlatives correctly
- Ensuring correct punctuation
- Economising on copy
- Reading copy to detect errors
- Understanding grammar and the construction of sentences
- Turning passive copy into active copy
- Using hyphens, apostrophes and quotation marks correctly
- Using punctuation for emphasis and ease of reading
- Avoiding circumlocution
- Identifying and removing homophones