£495 for individuals - £3,000 for groups - Charities up to 30% discount.
Course IntroductionEnsuring marketing communications are strategic, tactical and co-ordinated
What's it about?
Many organisations waste money on marketing communications because their activities are fragmented and their messages are not relevant. Effective marketing communications requires a clear understanding of objectives; careful planning; coordination of the right communications tools; development of the right messages; a strategic approach; and a measurement of results. This course shows you how to manage those factors.
Who should attend?
This course is for marketing and communications managers, product managers and executives aspiring to a marketing management role. It is also for others who believe that their marketing communications are insufficiently structured and co-ordinated.
- Audit your organisation’s current marketing communications and suggest improvements
- Create an effective, workable marketing communications plan
- Understand what type of research and analysis you should do to produce an effective plan
- Set clear marketing communications objectives
- Construct a marketing communications strategy that is aligned to the bigger corporate strategy and brand
- Define target groups and ensure that the right communications/messages are directed at them
- Use the best mix of marketing communications tools
- Define a control system to measure the results of marketing communications
- Brief agencies more effectively
The organisation will benefit from the knowledge and tools that the attendees will acquire on the course. In particular they should benefit from a properly structured and relevant plan that the delegates should be able to construct following the programme. They should also benefit from more accurate targeting, relevant messages and a more cost-effective approach overall.
Course Structure Highlights
- How to recognise inadequate communications
- How marketing communications work
- How to align the communications plan with the bigger strategy and brand
- Structuring the plan
- Understanding the various contexts and applying them to the plan
- Setting the plan objectives
- Defining the marketing communications strategy and brand positioning
- Defining and prioritising the right stakeholders
- Constructing messages that are relevant and achieve cut-through
- Selecting and co-ordinating the right communications tools
- Co-ordinating the plan
- Setting the budget
- Defining the measurement and control system
- Briefing an agency