Corporate Groups £3,000 per day (6 -12 delegates) – Charities up to 30% discount.<
Course IntroductionEngaging an online audience and making your ideas stick in the digital world
What's it about?
People consume information differently online: attention, scanning and navigation behaviour all confound the assumptions of writers used to traditional documents and paper. In this course you will learn practical skills to translate your writing into concise, quality content and develop new communications strategies that will make you stand out on a wide range of digital and social media platforms.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. The workshop is recommended for all professionals who create communication texts, since almost all written content is destined for the Web in some form.
Understand how people read and consume information differently online and apply it your own writing
Adapt and re-edit texts to optimise them for web reading
Write website content that is easy for online readers to navigate and digest
Apply keyword strategies for search engine optimisation so that your content gets discovered
Write content for blogs and social media that inspires people to follow and share
Distill your writing down into its purest, simplest form for micro-formats like Twitter and SMS
Participants will benefit from understanding the fundamental differences between writing for paper and writing for electronic delivery. They will be able to use this new knowledge in developing effective digital and social media communications strategies.
Course Structure Highlights
- Principles of writing for the Web and social media
- Discover how people read differently on social media compared to the Web
- Learn to write for mobile devices and apps
- Social media writing strategy
- Establishing social media purpose and strategy for your company
- Develop a content strategy framework to streamline messaging
- Building a social media ecosystem
- The importance of search algorithms in social media
- Optimisation tips for the main six social media platforms
- Micro-writing for blogs and social networks
- Style, tone and language for social media writing
- Highly engaging content and writing themes
- Blog etiquette
- Social media writing tips by platform plus bonus material