£495 for individuals - £3,000 for groups - Charities up to 30% discount.
Course IntroductionLeveraging social media to target and engage a specific audience
What's it about?
The internet has changed the way individuals and organizations campaign – offering them a variety of free or inexpensive social media tools that can enhance their traditional promotion efforts. This course helps participants identify the most effective social media techniques according to their target audience and successfully integrate these online methods with conventional marketing tools to create a highly-leveraged media campaign.
Who should attend?
This workshop is for mid-level communication staff working for governments, aid agencies, charities, NGOs and other organisations that are involved in campaign design and/or implementation. A basic understanding of Social Media, Messaging and Strategic Communication is preferable.
- Understand how social media can maximize campaign impact
- Identify at least four new media techniques for campaigning
- Learn how to write effectively for different platforms (Twitter, FB, Blogs…etc.)
- Design an effective campaign using social media
- Target and engage a desired audience with greater precision at lower cost
Participants will benefit from a deeper understanding of how social media can be used to the greatest advantage. Organisations will benefit from a greater return from their social media campaigns and be reassured they are following best practice guidelines. They will also see how social media campaigns can be measured an improved.
Course Structure Highlights
- How to use social media to build effective campaigns
- Using the most appropriate social media tools for different purposes
- Best practice Facebook pages, Twitter accounts and LinkedIn profiles
- Effective targeting
- Online engagement and advocacy
- Grow audience interest and attract media coverage with “buzz”
- Insights and analytics
- Common dangers with the use of new media such as plagiarism, breach of copyright, etc.
- Pulling a campaign together and measuring impact