Corporate Groups £3,000 per day (6 -12 delegates) – Charities up to 25% discount.
Course IntroductionHarnessing the power of the written word to produce clear, well-structured working documents
What's it about?
Effective writing achieves the purpose the writer intended. Business writing has a specific goal and the reader is required to read it. The sharper, more accessible and more engaging the report, the more likely it is that it will achieve its goal. As the writer you need to write effectively. This workshop shares essential writing skills that will help you get the results you want. We will help you to use straightforward language, declutter your writing and remove jargon; inject life and context using quotes and graphics.
Who should attend?
Anyone who has to write reports, white papers, letters or marketing copy who wishes to improve their writing skills, achieve better results and make a professional impact.
Confidence to write punchy and compelling documents
Skills to structure an argument to achieve your desired outcome
Time saved through a structured approach to document planning and creation
Understand how to use different kinds of document
Plan e-mails, letters and reports efficiently and effectively
Address the reader's needs and expectations more effectively
Use punctuation, sentences and paragraphs correctly
Create a written style that is interesting and easy to understand
Participants will benefit from being able to produce well-structured, clearly written and engaging working documents, contributing the overall efficiency of their team and organisation.
Course Structure Highlights
- Writing to communicate
- The three golden rules of effective writing
- Different kinds of document and how to use them well
- A systematic approach: planning, writing, editing
- Clarifying your objective
- Analysing the audience
- Creating a simple message for impact
- Gathering and organising information
- Creating a plan and producing a first draft
- Using visuals: graphs, tables, diagrams
- Constructing paragraphs
- Editing and proofreading, using spellcheck and grammar check
- Choosing words wisely and removing jargon