Corporate Groups £3,000 per day (6 -12 delegates) – Charities up to 30% discount.
Course IntroductionClear, concise communication that gets to the point and moves things forward
What's it about?
We are inundated with correspondence in the workplace and the ability to write brief, effective, courteous emails, memos and letters is a vital skills. Correspondence acts as our ambassador. This workshop will help you use correspondence to build relationships with clients and other external partners, to organise information clearly and to express your ideas persuasively. Working in English as a second or further language will be a theme throughout.
Who should attend?
This workshop would benefit anybody in their business, political or private life.
- Define clear functions for the correspondence they produce
- Use correspondence to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Structure correspondence around clear messages
- Draft correspondence more efficiently
- Edit their work for clarity
- Adapt their style to different readers and needs
- Develop their skills in grammar, punctuation and vocabulary
This course benefits participants and the organisations they represent by offering guidance in how to be more efficient and effective in correspondence.
Course Structure Highlights
- Correspondence as your ambassador: the golden rules
- Adopting a systematic approach
- Making your purpose clear
- Focusing on action
- Targeting the reader
- Creating a clear message
- Putting your thoughts in order
- Giving shape to your writing
- Managing detailed information
- Constructing paragraphs
- Managing sentences
- Using words wisely
- Grammar and punctuation
- The ten commandments of effective emails
- Techniques to make your writing more dynamic
- Developing a personal style
- Getting the tone right