Corporate Groups £3,000 per day (6 -12 delegates) – Charities up to 30% discount.
Course IntroductionWords that get your site noticed by search engines and your audience
What's it about?
Copywriting for the web is different to writing offline. Knowing how to write for the web will help move your site up the search engine ranks and raise it in customer estimations. This extremely popular workshop shows how to write effective copy for your internet and intranet sites. An excellent follow-up to the Principles of Great Copywriting course.
Who should attend?
This workshop is ideal for any marketing professional writing for the web or critically appraising the writing of in-house colleagues or agency staff.
- What makes people stick to sites
- Promote your ratings in search engines
- What makes a good website and good on-line text
- How to write copy for online reading
- The way we read online and how this affects the way copy needs to be written
- How to run a usability study
- How the psychology of web copy needs to be considered when writing
- The importance of clarity and interaction on your site
Your web presence needs to be distinctive and useful. This workshop takes a down-to-earth, practical approach to creativity on the web. Your key web writing team will learn essential techniques which make web copy really work, making your website and intranet communications more effective.
Course Structure Highlights
- Writing for different audiences
- Why on-line writing is different
- Making your homepage work for you
- The importance of where your messages are placed
- Headlines and gaining attention
- Writing features on the web
- Sales copy on the web
- Writing in clear plain English
- What a writer needs to know about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) to boost rankings
- From offline to online writing – editing