Corporate Groups £3,000 per day (6 -12 delegates) – Charities up to 25% discount.
Course IntroductionCreate clear, compelling press releases that engage readers
What's it about?
Organisations produce press releases to inform their audience of developments. To engage an audience in an era of information overload, press releases and newsletters must not only be clear and compelling but must get to the point rapidly before a reader’s attention wanes. This workshop is essential for anyone who writes press releases, statements and newsletters. Practical skills are shared within a strategic framework so that delegates understand why the tools they are using are important to their employer’s goals, whether in the private, public or voluntary sector.
Who should attend?
Those involved in communications – internal or external – and marketing professionals would benefit from this course. However, anyone producing written content will also gain deeper insight and new skills.
- The six fundamentals of all good writing
- Gaining a deeper insight into your audience
- Why companies need public relations
- What journalists expect from press releases
- Planning and writing persuasive press releases
- Top tips for newsletter contents and design
- Identifying newsworthy stories
- How to do great interviews that provide powerful stories
Participants will gain new analytical and writing skills that will enable them to convey compelling key messages to both internal and external audiences. This will help make you a key player in your organisation’s success, increasing your brand’s influence and contributing to competitive edge.
Course Structure Highlights
- Analysis of good and bad writing
- Planning content that engages audiences
- Basics of media relations
- Analysis of difference between successful and ineffective press releases
- Writing exercises
- Successful press release checklist
- The psychology of persuasion
- Comparison of employee newsletters
- Interviewing techniques