TrustLaw in collaboration with Hewlett Packard Enterprise offers a free Legal Health Check workshop for NGOs and Social Enterprise. The workshop gives the opportunity to run a legal health check on your organization identifying potential risk areas and provides an overview of wide range of the services offered by TrustLaw and how to access this free service.
These are interactive workshops that offer attendees an introduction to TrustLaw, a free global pro-bono legal service run by Thomson Reuters Foundation that connects the best lawyers around the world to NGOs and social enterprises.
The workshop will have presentation by lawyers from HPE around current legal issues for NGOs and Social Enterprises.
We are currently accepting applications from organizations who wish to apply for the Legal Health Check.
Where: ITC Gardenia, 1, Residency Rd, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025
When: 22 Aug 2019
Time: 10am - 3pm
Application deadline: 18 Aug 2019
Eligibility Criteria: Participants - should be an individual involved in the organizational internal compliance and regulatory and/or someone engaged in research work
Availability: 40 seats
The TrustLaw & HPE team will introduce participants to their Legal Health Check resource, and will cover the following topics:
- Presentation on ‘Guidance to employees/interns/volunteers on posting news/updates/developments on social media’ – Amit Vijaykar
- Presentation on ‘Confidentiality Agreement for exchanging important/confidential information’ – Srishti Kalra
- FCRA and FEMA Violation & Impact for NGOs – Anand Abhishek
- Indian Data Privacy Bill & Impact for NGOs – Nagarjun Matangi
- ‘Basic Wages’ for Computing PF Contribution and Recent SC Judgment – Aijaz Rasool
- Key Considerations for finalizing Volunteering Agreements – Sushmita Sengar
Using practical examples, you will learn how to spot legal issues and assess the legal health of your organization. Lawyers from HPE will help you understand what legal advice your organization might need now or in the future and will explain how to access free legal advice from pro-bono lawyers through TrustLaw.
Please fill the application here: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5154511/Legal-Health-Check-Workshop-Bangalore
We will confirm your participation based on the availability of seats and send you an invitation with detailed agenda of the event close to the workshop date