Corporate Groups £3,000 per day (6 -12 delegates) – Charities up to 25% discount.
Course IntroductionCrafting clear and compelling messages that convince and persuade an audience
What's it about?
Sharp, accessible and credible messages are vital to engage stakeholders – both internal and external – and convince them of the importance of your organisation’s work. Sophisticated ideas, plans and issues must be explained in a clear fashion. Messages must stand out. Quotes must sparkle. Statistics must tell a “big picture” story. This workshop will show you how to develop and deliver truly engaging and memorable messages.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone seeking to explain the significance and impact of their activities in a clear and confident way. While especially beneficial to those who deal with external stakeholders like the media and investors, it will also be useful for those who are producing reports or presentations for internal consumption.
- Develop incisive and accessible messages
- Use keywords to add impact and quotes to inject personality
- Structure clear arguments and deploy memorable facts and context
- Explain complex issues in a simple way without “dumbing down”
Participants will benefit from being able to get to the point quickly and engage whoever they are addressing by making their messages – whether written or spoken -- relevant and accessible. Organisations will benefit from having staff who can explain complex issues clearly and present in an engaging manner.
Course Structure Highlights
- Honing judgment – recognizing what the significant facts are
- Understanding your audience
- Developing clear, credible and engaging messages
- Using a simple pyramid structure
- Deploying keywords and leads to attract an audience
- Injecting context to give immediacy
- Understanding the power of rhetoric, word play and quotes
- Packaging Information - Statistics, Anecdote, Analogy, Metaphor