Course IntroductionEffectively writing for an online audience and promoting your news organisation
What's it about?
The impact of digital content hinges largely on how structured your organisation’s search engine optimisation (SEO) plan is and how well this is integrated with your news writing. This workshop shows you how to write to increase search traffic and readership. It will provide journalists and editors everything they need to know about SEO and how search engines operate.
Who should attend?
Anyone who produces content for a website would benefit from this workshop.
- Learn about the four signal groups that Google measures to determine ranking
- Measure the results of your SEO and the impact of your news
- Understand the close relationship between writing and SEO
- Produce more effective written content
- Improve the focus, process and techniques of SEO with valuable hints and tips
- Gain a broader understanding of the role of SEO within digital journalism
This course will improve your confidence in SEO so that you can write for better results.
Course Structure Highlights
- The idea of 'signals'
- The role of links and 'meaning neighbourhoods'
- Why SEO is always changing – and how to cope
- The role of social sharing
- Keywords and ranking – a practical guide to producing optimised copy
- Writing headlines and snippets for search
- Pictures in search
- Intelligent linking
- Negative factors in SEO – how not to destroy your search success
- Site speed
- Poor keyword choice
- Isolated content